Wednesday 15 June 2011

Letter Lucky Dip 1


19th August 1941

Dear Stanley,

I was very pleased to have your letter this morning before I set off for business, and I am sure that you will appreciate the difficulties we are in visiting you on Thursday. I asked your Aunt Hetty to write you in the event of my not being able to do so by return, but i will take this home and include it.

On this very important occasion I should have been most glad to have given you our moral support, and our joint blessing. We trust that it will initiate a period of such happiness as is only known to perfectly matched couples, and if you will bear in mind the experience of your parents and ourselves, that the first forty years is the worst, you will overcome any trifling difficulties that will only add to your ultimate mutual happiness later.

In enclosing cheque herewith, I trust that you and May will have the joint opportunity of buying something suitable as a memento of the high regard in which we hold you and her, and your families.

Yours very sincerely,
Best Love Wishes
J B?eton



My dear Stanley,

Sorry we shall not be able to come. Uncle Joe is up to the neck with work with Sammy having been called up about a month ago, he is at Blackpool.

We do hope and trust you + May will be very happy + this dreadful war will soon be over and you + May will be able to settle down together.

Fondest love to you both. Love to all.

A Hetty + U Joe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment