Wednesday 26 October 2011

Letter Lucky Dip 2




A few posts back I promised a regular feature called Letter Lucky Dip, with all my exciting adventures of late I have been very lax in fulfilling this promise.....so with no further adieu I present you with the next letter lucky dip.
Eastern Fleet,
Rear Headquarters.
10th July 1944

My Dear Olive,
              Well, Many happy returns, I expect that it will be very near to the time when this parcel arrives, it is the last thing I could find to buy here and I thought that it may remind you of India and my travels here, I am leaving here this next week and where I am going they dont make anything like this at all so I had to get while I had the chance.
              I am wondering if you have had other things yet. I do hope so cause they were so very nice to put in the small desk. It seems rather strange to think the war may be over by the time these things get to you, I hope it is anyhow.
              Well I have a heck of a lot of work to do and piles of packing and your weekly air letter to write so I must close down and pray that this arrives safty.
Tons of love,
Yours
Harry
If you're anything like me you're imagination will be firing away trying to picture what Harry sent Olive? So your challenge, if you choose to accept it, let your imaginations run wild with suggestions in the comments below. This blog post will self destruct in 5 seconds......5........4.......3......2......1 Poof! 

No comments:

Post a Comment